Public Masses are temporarily suspended during the COVID-19 pandemic
In support of the guidance from federal and state public health officials, Bishop Barry C. Knestout directed the temporary suspension of all public Masses within the Catholic Diocese of Richmond, effective immediately. The directive includes Sunday Masses, holy days and weekday Masses. The announcement follows growing concern of increased cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the Commonwealth and Governor Northam’s ban on large gatherings of more than 10* individuals. Bishop Knestout made the decision in an effort to ensure public safety of the faithful.
On-line Mass schedule:
Link to our On-line Mass:
Additional information regarding these temporary conditions
- Our parish is open on a normal schedule for private prayer, individual meetings for pastoral care, and reconciliation with Fr. Gerry, essential meetings, and social ministry efforts with restrictions. Contact the parish office for specific details.
- All Confirmation liturgies are suspended until further notice.
- All in-person formation activities, programs, or gatherings of any kind are canceled until further notice.
- Until further notice, Bishop Knestout has granted a dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and holy days for all the faithful in the Catholic Diocese of Richmond.
- Holy Water from Baptismal and Holy Water fonts are removed.
- In the rare occasion when Mass is celebrated for a wedding or funeral, the following precautions remain:
- Cease distribution of the Precious Blood (Christ is fully present under both species of the Blessed Sacrament).
- Refrain from shaking hands during the Sign of Peace (bow or verbal gesture is appropriate).
- Refrain from holding hands during the Lord’s Prayer.
- *Due to the rapidly evolving situation, this information will be updated as changes occur.
(Retain for future use)
Holy Thursday 2019 6:30 pm
Good Friday 2019 6:00 pm
2019 Easter Vigil 8:00 pm
Christmas Eve Vigil Mass 4:30 PM
Christmas Day Mass 11:00 AM
Please note: In the event of inclement weather, we will notify our parishioners of Mass cancellations via the following –
WXGM radio 99.1
The FDS Phone Tree