We are glad you are here!
Located on Rt. 647, Lovers Lane in Mathews, Va., the Church of Francis de Sales is a growing Roman Catholic community within the Catholic Diocese of Richmond. Once again, thank you for being together with us.
Special Dispensation to Attend Mass during the Pandemic: Bishop Barry Knestout, ordinary for the Diocese of Richmond, has granted a dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and holy days for all the faithful in the Diocese of Richmond. PLEASE NOTE: We continue to open Mass participation by alternate weeks by the first letter of your last name as shown below.
Our regular schedule for the celebration of the Mass :
Sundays: 11:00 am
Tuesdays and Fridays: 9:00 am
Holy Days of Obligation: 6:30 pm
In the event of inclement weather, parishioners will be notified of Mass cancellations via the following –
- This website
- WXGM 99.1 FM or 1420 AM
- The FDS Phone Tree
All our masses are live–here’s the link:
Measures We Are Taking to Keep Everyone as Safe as Possible
- Prior to each Mass, temperatures will be observed and names will be taken in the event that contact tracing is required.
- Ushers will ensure safe separation is maintained in the pews during Mass and while queuing for the Eucharist.
- Holy Water has been removed from the baptistery and fonts.
- Refrain from holding hands during the Lord’s Prayer and from shaking hands during the Sign of Peace (bow or verbal gesture is appropriate).
- The Eucharist will only be distributed under the species of the Body of Christ.
- Please remember that Christ is fully present under both species of the Blessed Sacrament and that communion under one species is equally valid as communion under both.
Additional Information Regarding COVID Safety Precautions
- Our parish is open on a normal schedule for private prayer, individual meetings for pastoral care, and reconciliation with Fr. Gerry, essential meetings, and social ministry efforts with restrictions. Contact the parish office for specific details.
- All Confirmation liturgies are suspended until further notice.
- All in-person formation activities, programs, or gatherings of any kind are canceled until further notice.