Church of Francis de Sales Parish Council Meeting Agenda
February 9, 2021
WELCOME TO ALL COMMITTEES
Claudia Leading Opening Prayer – Diocesan Prayer
Approval of December 15, 2020 Minutes completed via email.
- Administrative Report – Chuck Dawson
- Financial Report – Leon Iveson
- Liturgy – Michele Oliver
- Social Outreach – Helen Yacabucci
- Received $2000.00 from Diocese from the Fuel and Hunger Fund to help the community of Mathews.
- Received re-imbursement from Macedonia for the Partners for Mathews Students (snack packs). This will be divided with Kingston Parish, St Pauls’/Beulah and Francis de Sales.
- Received a donation from Zion Baptist for $100.00 for the Snack Pack Program.
- Assistance requests were down this month with requests for electric help from only one family, help with car insurance from one and emergency food help from one other family. Did get a request for rental assistance from one person who moved to Mathews 2 weeks ago and asked for rental assistance. She does not have a job and is living with “family”. Assistance cannot be granted until residency is established by Social Services.
A. SCOOTS BBQ Fund Raiser ending on Feb 3 with $2,730 in gross sales. After payment to Scoot’s of $1,092 for their product, the EventBrite will deduct fees for their services sending $2,421.51 to the Chesapeake Bank and the net receipts will be $1,329.51 for the church and a $20 tip from a happy customerthat went to the offering!
B. Blooms for Bucks and Smile ( Amazon) will be tabled for now – until paperwork can be figured out
Thank you to everyone involved in the Super Bowl BBQ – the drivers that picked up the product, the packers and the folks that passed the meals out, I appreciate all you work.
A. SCOOTS BBQ – I would like to do this again in May/June before July 4. Looking at advertising in 3rd week of May and purchases ending 2nd or 3rd week of June.
An Advertisement that is easier to access for clients that do not have a Membership to Gazette in the paper and online. Church website will have information and church bulletin will also be provided contact info, the EventBrite will be set up for sales, and flyers will be distributed in and outside the community. Saturating the community with flyers with all the online contact info needed. We get better!!!
Committee heads please send in a report, even if to say nothing is going on in your department. Thank you for your input
Next Parish Council Meeting:
April 13 2021 at 6:00 pm.