** PLEASE NOTE: If you have an announcement which you would like to have read during the announcements at Mass, please provide them to Ed McNamee NO LATER THAN Wednesday evening prior to Mass for approval and addition to the Lector’s Book.
- SAVE THE DATE!: Our parish Christmas Celebration will be held on Sunday, January 9thafter the 11:00 a.m. Mass. Please use the sign-up sheet in the Common Area to let us know what you will be bringing: casserole/entrée, sides/salads, or desserts. We will also need a few hands to help with setup and cleanup. Please contact Pat Walsh at (804) 725-2882 if you have any questions.
- Our parish needs Altar Servers! This is a wonderful way to serve our Lord and our parish. If you wish to be an Altar Server and have received your First Communion, please contact our trainers: Jon Oliver (804) 725-6702 (email@example.com) or Paul Flaherty at (718) 772-8327 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Hands Across Mathews: Is asking for our help to stock their pantry. Supply chain delays and product shortages have impacted all of our local food banks. Please consider assisting by bringing in canned vegetables, soups, dry goods, and cereals.
- First Friday Mass: This Friday, December 3rd is the first Friday of the month. Mass will be celebrated at 9:00 a.m. After Mass there will be an hour of Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament.
- First Saturday Devotion to our Blessed Mother: This Saturday, December 4th, we will continue with our First Saturday Devotions. The Rosary and prayers of reparation will be said at 9:30 a.m. followed by Mass at 10:00 a.m.
- Red Cross Blood Drive: Will be held Tuesday, December 7th from 2:00 – 7:00 pm at the Piankatank Ruritan Building. Masks are required and reservations for a particular time can be obtained by going to RedCrossBlood.org. All types of blood are needed, but there’s an urgent plea for type O.
- Angel Tree: The Church of Francis de Sales Social Outreach Committee will be providing Christmas Stockings or Shoe Boxes for the seniors at the Mathews County Senior Center again this year. Please pick up an ornament tag (pink for ladies and blue for gentlemen) from the Angel Tree located in the back of the church. Fill the stocking or box (wrap the gifts), attach the tag, and return them to the church no later than Sunday, December 12th. Recommended items can be found by the tree. We would also be grateful if you would consider including a small gift card (~$25) from a local grocer.
- Commons Area Housekeeping: Please return the tables and chairs to their original arrangement when using the Commons Area. Thanks for your attention to this.